3 BENEFITS OF BIBLE STUDY
There are many benefits to studying the Bible. Several books could be written describing the numerous benefits. However, for this article let use consider three important advantages to a study of God's word.
1.Bible study grows our faith. We cannot grow our faith by merely wishing for it to grow. Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." It is through the Word of God that we get faith. Praying for more belief, without going to the source, will not increase our faith. When we dedicate ourselves to studying the Bible, believing its promises and obeying its commands our faith will grow in powerful ways. In the book of Acts, Luke tells us that the people of Berea "were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." And then he adds: "Therefore many of them believed" (Acts 17:11-12). Faith or belief always follows an honest and sincere searching of the Scriptures. If we want a strong faith we must feed on the Word of God."
2.Bible study instructs and corrects us. David wrote in Psalm 119:98-100, "You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; For they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, Because I keep Your precepts." Again, he said, "Your testimonies are wonderful; Therefore, my soul keeps them" (Psalm 119:129). Ignorance of the Scriptures leaves us exposed to all sorts of doctrinal errors, but when we hide God's word in our hearts, we get filled with His great thoughts and are truly wise. Knowing His wisdom will teach us how to make corrections and safeguard our lives from error. Jesus said to the people in His day who were in doctrinal error, "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God" (Matthew 22:29).
3.Bible study shows us God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. God's word says, "the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30). Think how good God is, and how He cares for us to even number the very hairs of our head. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-29, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Truly God's Word fills the believing heart with joy. It has been said that we love the Lord no better than we love His Word. In the same proportion as the Word is precious to us, He Himself is precious to us.
As you can see, there are important advantages to a study of God's word. To gain the many benefits you should read the Bible and "observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success" (Joshua 1:8).
"I Lost My Password"
Perhaps you have lost your password and don’t know how to proceed. In our records student passwords are encrypted and not visible, but there are steps you can take to reset your password if it has been lost:
- From the homepage of the School, select the "LOGIN" button on the blue menu bar at the school website, which will take you to the bottom of the page to the login form.
- Choose the "Lost Password" link below the form.
- A new page asking for your email address will be presented. Simply enter the email address you used when setting up your account, click the reCAPTCHA checkbox and then click the "Get New Password" button.
- At this point an email will be sent to the email address you entered. In the email there will be a reset link to verify that you do indeed own the email address you entered.
- After clicking the reset link in your email, you will be given the opportunity to create a new password. The website will auto-populate the input field with a randomly generated set of characters, but you can type-in whatever you choose. Click the "Reset Password" button, then click on the WVBS Online Bible School logo to go to the main page and login using your new password. If you experience problems in resetting your password "please let us know"