There are many advantages to studying online at the WVBS Online Bible School. This is especially true during the pandemic. The Covid-19 virus has caused many devastating problems, but also it has created some opportunities. One opportunity is the extra time available for people to be home using the internet. Online instruction is the safest way to gain access to faithful, Bible instruction during a virus outbreak.
Studying online provides many benefits:
- Online study provides flexibility. You can more easily fit your study of the Bible into your daily schedule. The video lessons in the school are always available 24/7. You can study on your own schedule and at your own pace.
- By studying online, you can study where you want. You are able to choose your own learning environment.
- Taking online courses offers more convenience, efficiency and virus safety. This means you are not required to travel to go to a school building.. Also, less time is wasted getting to and from class and more time is spent productively in study.
- Studying online at the WVBS Online Bible School also means you will save money. There is no tuition for the school. The only expense is a Bible (if not already owned) and the one textbook required for the Greek Course (which we do not have the publishing rights).
- Taking the courses online also has the advantage of learning self-discipline. This should not be seen as a negative. Since online study demands self-motivation, time-management skills and dedication, the school will train you to become more self-motivated and efficient. These are important traits to develop which will benefit all areas of your life.
The global pandemic has caused considerable changes in our lives. I have only listed a few of the advantages to learning online but I know there are many more. I commend you for your decision to make the most of this opportunity as you devote yourself to the study of God's word. We have seen an amazing increase in the amount of work being done in the school this year and we anticipate even greater growth in 2021 as the world continues to deal with this ongoing pandemic.
If you have already watched several lessons you may have noticed the “Mark Complete” button located below each video. This feature helps you to track your progress. We encourage you to always click this button when you finish viewing a lesson. The marking of lessons serves as a guide for your own information to mark your place in the study and helps us know how many lessons are being finished and how well students are progressing. Even if the lesson is marked complete you can return to watch it again as many times as you want.
For additional information please see the Help Center. In the Help Center you will find an article which will walk you through the necessary steps to track your progress by marking each lesson complete. It is titled: How-to: "Mark Complete" Lessons.