You may have enrolled in the school to gain a better understanding of God's word so that you can live a better life for Him. Perhaps you are thinking about gaining eternal life in heaven. You may even be looking for a general sense of hope. When we think about hope, we should not think of it as being a simple wish. Hope is the anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast (Hebrews 6:19). What is the Christian's hope?
- Resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:17-18)
- Eternal life (Titus 1:2; 3:7)
- A better home (2 Corinthians 5:2-3)
- New Jerusalem, the holy city in heaven (Revelation 21:2)
- To be with the redeemed forever (Revelation 21:22-27)
- To avoid destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)
The Christian's hope is not an empty aspiration. Mankind can have full trust and confidence that God always fulfills His promises. The righteous will be rewarded, and the wicked will be punished. Christians have full assurance of their hope (Hebrews 6:11). Hope is not only desire but also expectation (Romans 8:24).
"Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil" (Hebrews 6:17-19).
My hope for you is that as you study the Bible Courses in the school your understanding and obedience to God's commands will increase your hope.
Perhaps you have lost your password and don’t know how to proceed. In our records student passwords are encrypted and not visible, but there are steps you can take to reset your password if it has been lost:
- From the homepage of the School, select the "LOGIN" button on the blue menu bar at the school website, which will take you to the bottom of the page to the login form.
- Choose the "Lost Password" link below the form.
- A new page asking for your email address will be presented. Simply enter the email address you used when setting up your account, click the reCAPTCHA checkbox and then click the "Get New Password" button.
- At this point an email will be sent to the email address you entered. In the email there will be a reset link to verify that you do indeed own the email address you entered.
- After clicking the reset link in your email, you will be given the opportunity to create a new password. The website will auto-populate the input field with a randomly generated set of characters, but you can type-in whatever you choose. Click the "Reset Password" button, then click on the WVBS Online Bible School logo to go to the main page and login using your new password. If you experience problems in resetting your password please let us know.