If we do not have the proper attitude we will never understand God's word. God expects us to approach His Scriptures with deep reverence (humility and awe). In Isaiah 66:2 God said, "But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word." Psalms 119:161 says, "my heart stands in awe of Your word."
However, having a deep reverence for the Bible is not all that is required. Please notice seven attitudes we must have for understanding God's word:
- We Must Believe In Divine Inspiration (1 Corinthians 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We Must Love The Word Of God (Psalms 119:97; 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12)
- We Must Realize The Bible Is Understandable (Nehemiah 8:8; Ephesians 3:4; 5:17)
- We Must Understand The Bible Is Written To Us (Matthew 13:16; John 6:45)
- We Must Believe The Bible Is Relevant Today (Mark 16:15; 2 Timothy 2:2)
- We Must Interpret The Bible Correctly To Understand Its Teachings (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:2-4)
- We Must Have The Proper Mental And Spiritual Qualities (1 Corinthians 2:14; 2 Timothy 3:1-7)
A preacher once said, "One must have a burning desire to know the will of God, diligence to study, zeal to acquire knowledge of necessary related subjects and the willingness to do the will of God in all things." As a student of the school you will need to have the right attitude as you study God's word. If you approach God's word with reverence, having the seven attitudes listed above, you will be greatly blessed in your studies.
Perhaps you have lost your password and don’t know how to proceed. In our records student passwords are encrypted and not visible, but there are steps you can take to reset your password if it has been lost:
- From the homepage of the School, select the "LOGIN" button on the blue menu bar at the school website, which will take you to the bottom of the page to the login form.
- Choose the "Lost Password" link below the form.
- A new page asking for your email address will be presented. Simply enter the email address you used when setting up your account, click the reCAPTCHA checkbox and then click the "Get New Password" button.
- At this point an email will be sent to the email address you entered. In the email there will be a reset link to verify that you do indeed own the email address you entered.
- After clicking the reset link in your email, you will be given the opportunity to create a new password. The website will auto-populate the input field with a randomly generated set of characters, but you can type-in whatever you choose. Click the "Reset Password" button, then click on the WVBS Online Bible School logo to go to the main page and login using your new password. If you experience problems in resetting your password please let us know.