I recently read of an event that happened several years ago. It seems a jet fighter plane actually shot itself down. It was flying over the desert and was testing a new cannon mounted on its wing. The jet was flying at supersonic speeds, but the cannon shells were subsonic. What happened was a tragedy. The fighter ran into the shells it had fired only seconds before. The jet was traveling too fast.
If we are not careful a similar tragedy can occur in our lives. We can become so busy with the things of this fast-paced life that we destroy ourselves spiritually. There are some who have so many activities in their day that they are too busy for God and His word. There are always things that need to be done, but we must put spiritual things first. Be sure to set aside time each day for prayer and Bible study.
Jesus said, "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you" (Matthew 6:31-33).
I commend you on your decision to slow down and spend your time studying God's word.
Also, since you are focused upon the study of the Scriptures it is important that you do not rush through your studies. Your mind needs time to consider and contemplate the new things you are learning. God's word is deep. It requires time and reflection to truly understand. As a student in the Bible school it is important that you learn the material, not just complete the courses. Be sure to slow down and spend the needed time to comprehend the deep things taught in God's word.
Perhaps you have lost your password and don’t know how to proceed. In our records student passwords are encrypted and not visible, but there are steps you can take to reset your password if it has been lost:
- From the homepage of the School, select the "LOGIN" button on the blue menu bar at the school website, which will take you to the bottom of the page to the login form.
- Choose the "Lost Password" link below the form.
- A new page asking for your email address will be presented. Simply enter the email address you used when setting up your account, click the reCAPTCHA checkbox and then click the "Get New Password" button.
- At this point an email will be sent to the email address you entered. In the email there will be a reset link to verify that you do indeed own the email address you entered.
- After clicking the reset link in your email, you will be given the opportunity to create a new password. The website will auto-populate the input field with a randomly generated set of characters, but you can type-in whatever you choose. Click the "Reset Password" button, then click on the WVBS Online Bible School logo to go to the main page and login using your new password. If you experience problems in resetting your password please let us know.