If you are an Auditing Student, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to upgrade your enrollment to Informal or Formal Student status. I encourage you to consider the advantages. If you upgrade your enrollment you will not only have access to the videos, but you will also have free online viewing access to the teacher’s course notes, exams and some course books.
Formal Students follow a set course order which is designed to make their progression through the Bible easier. The assignments include viewing all lessons, writing term papers and taking written exams. Formal Students are issued a certificate of completion when they fully meet the requirements of a course. They receive a diploma when they have successfully completed all required courses.
Informal Students have the same requirements to meet for each course and cover the same material but they are allowed to take the courses in any order they desire. Informal Students receive certificates for each course but no diploma is awarded.
If you would like to change your status you will need to click on ENROLLMENT which is on the blue menu bar at the school website. When you have reached the enrollment page please select either the Formal or Informal Student Registration button. This will provide you with a form to fill out to change your status.
I completely understand if you have no interest in upgrading your enrollment. I commend you on your hard work and devotion to learning more about the Bible. God bless you as you continue in your studies. If I can answer any questions for you about the school please let me know.
Have you ever wished to visit the Bible lands? If you are not able to make the journey yourself the next best thing could be watching these programs. These instructional video presentations, shot on location, let you explore many of the religious and historical sites in Israel, Jordan and Palestine. They are produced by WVBS and are completely free to view online.
"Passage 9 | Jericho: City of Rahab" - The archaeology of Jericho, coupled with the biblical account, has captured the imagination of many, but just as captivating is the story of a woman by the name of Rahab, whom God saved from the destruction. Her story is one of the rare jewels to truly be examined in this treasure trove of facts and information. Jericho: City of Rahab captures the essence of her life in a way that will encourage and inspire you.
- "Passage 1 | Jerusalem: An Unforgettable City" is a 26-minute documentary about the significance and grandeur of the ancient city of Jerusalem, and its relationship to biblical history and thought.
- "Passage 2 | The Ministry of Jesus in Northern Israel" is a 17-minute video which explores three famous sites involved in Jesus’ public ministry: Cana, the Mount of Beatitudes, and Caesarea Philippi.
- "Passage 3 | Dan: City of Unfaithfulness" is a 17-minute documentary showing the significance of Dan as a center of idolatry and unfaithfulness to God.
- "Passage 4 | In the Shadow of Gilboa: Reaping & Sowing" is a 23-minute video which examines several biblical events that occurred in and around Mt. Gilboa, Beit Shan, and the Jezreel and Harod Valleys.
- "Passage 5 | Treasures of Qumran: The Dead Sea Scrolls" is a 24-minute documentary offering the viewer a tour of the home of an ancient Jewish sect thought responsible for producing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- "Passage 6 | Judah: David's Training Ground of Faith" is a 26-minute documentary about one of the ancient tribal territories of Israel and its relationship to the early life of King David.
- "Passage 7 | The Southern Steps: Coming into the presence of the Lord" is a 19-minute documentary explaining the significance of the architecture on the southern side of the Temple Mount during the days of Jesus. Recent excavations reveal the areas known as the Southern Steps, which worshipers would ascend to enter the temple, as well as the many immersion pools located near the temple. These are directly linked to the ministry of Jesus and the beginnings of Christianity, making this an important study for disciples today.
- "Passage 8 | Masada: Fortress of Misplaced Faith" is a 26-minute film which documents and explains through creative and powerful illustrations, photography and video the history of this gaunt and yet majestic plateau known as Masada. Thought to have been one of King David’s hiding places, this site was in the first century B.C. transformed into what was believed to be an impregnable palace fortress for King Herod the Great, and later would become the place for a legendary showdown between Jewish Zealots and the Roman army. This is a must-see film teaching lessons about ingenuity, courage and faith.
These videos may be found under the “About” option on the blue menu bar by clicking the “Recommended Videos” link. When you click this button you will be taken to a page which will be continually updated with information concerning free videos available for online viewing which may be of interest to you.